Pilau rice is mainly an Indian dish that is served with any kind of stew especially curry or beef carbonate.
1. 250g grain rice
2. 150 g cashew nuts
3. 3 table spoon vegetable oil
4. 4 cloves
5. 2 cardamom pods
6. Cinnamon stick
7. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
8. 120g raisins
9. 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
11. 1 Coriander for garnish
12. 1 onion for garnish
14. Small pot
15. Small pot with lid
16. Small frying pan
17. Wooden spoon
Steps to follow
- Wash and drain the rice to get rid of the starch.
- Heat three table spoons of oil over high heat in the cooking pot.
- Add the cashew nuts, cloves, cardamom pods, cumin seeds and cinnamon.
- Maintain high heat and fry for two minutes.
- Add shallots and fry for two more minutes and the shallots should turn translucent.
- Add the raisins, salt, and turmeric, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and two cups of very hot water to the seasonings in the pot and stir so that the spices coat the rice. This should take about 12-15 minutes for the rice to fully cook.
- Once the water has been absorbed, taste the rice.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the garnish. Chop the coriander and slice the onion. Then brown the onion in a little oil.
- Before serving your rice, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the coriander and onion. They will add a pop of color and interesting taste to this delicious dish.